2 What am I doing?

The wedding will be small, and on the cheap side... I mean, we do have to prepare for me moving there eventually and I have to get my visa sorted out after we get married and any other
expenses that will come with time...

So the plans have gone from normal wedding to teeny wedding to cheap/cool wedding...
I kinda daydreamed with a huge dress and a ridiculous wedding and it's a bit sad to part with all those childhood fantasies, but to be honest, I don't mind anymore; in the end all that matters is that we will finally be together.
We will pay for it ourselves, and we have to be sensible and try not to get too over our heads which is really hard because it's so easy to get carried away when you see, hear, google so many beatiful wedding related things...

Thankfully I'm very crafty and I can't wait to start making my own little details for the wedding... And just to prove how very excited I am, I've started buying supplies for the decoration and for the invitations... I probably shouldn't have, but my mom gets restless and wants me to start working on it...
But now that I have them I can't help but wonder if I'm getting ahead of myself...

I totally love these Doily Envelopes, they look so delicate and could be made quite cheaply... But now that I have the doilies, I keep thinking that I will have to remember that I can't look at any other kind of envelope and like it even more, because I already have the supplies. I have a very rough but clear idea of what I want for the wedding, but it feels like the planning is all over the place...

Meanwhile D, is halfway across the world just being shown bits and pieces of what I want... I won't lie to you, I want him here desperately... I don't want to this by myself... But I have no choice...

How do I get my rather annoying fiance to want to be a part of it... I mean, any man would kill to have the chance that he has... not being really involved in his own wedding... No venue hunting, or flower picking, or cake tasting... Just showing up when the time comes and saying I do...
Feeling a bit discouraged lately...

2 Responses so far.

  1. Anonymous says:

    Those Doily's are really quite amazing!! How classy!

    Thank you for your kind words on our blog. Ben has always been the better writer of the two of us, and he surprised me with the idea.

    I was thinking. Have you looked into England's fiance visas? that way you could live with him in england and plan the wedding together. Of course there is always the money problem, but if you had the ability to, that would be a nice way of doing it.

    Ben and I laugh that most men have to ask the bride's parents for permission. He would have to ask my country's.

    Best of luck!

    -Meg

  2. Ale says:

    Dave has to ask my dad, and trust me he's pretty much terrified by the thought... I have considered to do the fiance visa but I couldn't get married without my family around, and it seems to be easier to get his family to come here than for mine to go there...

    Also the fact that I would have to wait 6 months to work/get a job doesn't help, I might not get a job in that time, but if I did I don't want to have to let it go because I'm not allowed to work...

    I've started working on the envelopes, they are beautiful! I'm trying to work on the wedding things ahead of time since our budget is tiny, hopefully that way we won't feel the strain when we start paying out for the bigger things...

    -Ale

Leave a Reply